Saturday, July 23, 2005

Write Your Story, Sing Your Song!


Have you ever written a novel, a play, or a song? If you have, ... Congratulations on your accomplishment! I wish you all the success with it. How did you begin it? How did you transform your thoughts into ink on a page? Did the story flow easily, or was this a book you have been working on for many years?

I believe that there are many untold, unwritten stories. Perhaps you have your manuscript locked in your mind, but are not able to get it out and on paper. Why is this? I am asking because I just don't know myself.

I believe that I do have a story that I would like to write. I have even have gone as far as writing the first page of 'my' novel, and I have a title, King of Hearts. My problem is, is that I just can't seem to get to page 2!

What do you think? All of you successful novelists out there? Is it a matter of totally committing ones self? Do you lock yourself away from reality until your work is published?

I think it is time to rethink my approach. I have decided to continue my novel. And I am asking you to do the same. Put yourself in the spotlight. Get creative. Write your story. Whether you sing to a chord of DMinor 7th or C Major, sing your song! Begin it today!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rob. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love your garden/sunflower photo. Lovely blog!

Michelle

11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rob,

You have to love it. That's it. I finished a couple of novels, one is in NYC, on an editor's desk (still waiting on that one). My WIP is hard. I thought I'd never write another novel after I finished my last one. That's how I feel every time I finish a project because it was sooooo hard the last time, and it only gets more and more difficult.

I suggest that you read S. Pressfield's WAR OF ART. It's a great book, and has a lot to say about writers who can't get past the first page, the first chapter, etc. It's been very helpful.

There's another person who visits my blog (Scott) who also seems to have problems w/ novel writing although he does write some memoir / shorts. I've commented to him on what to do and the kind of books he could read to inspire and to improve his craft.

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home